Thursday 28 July 2011

Takayuki's Interview

Today I did Takayuki's interview. He is a student from Japan who is staying in my house and going to my school for two weeks. We are getting along really well. Taka's English is improving a great deal whilst my Japanese is improving slower than a snail!

Me: Where do you live in Japan?
Takayuki: I live in Aichi in centre of Japan.
Me: Can you describe the area?
Takayuki: It is a big city. I live in a single story house that is big for a Japanese house.
Me: What is your favourite place in Japan?
Takayuki: Onsen, a hot water spring. Go there on special occasions.
Me: What is your school like?
Takayuki: Nanzan is a big school with 1200 students. Travel by train to school for 40 minutes.  We play tennis, basketball, judo, baseball and swim at our school.
Me: What do you do on weekends?
Takayuki: Karaoke, basketball, bowling, PlayStation, Wii.
Me: What is one of the big differences between Australia and Japan?
Takayuki: Shoes, Japanese don’t wear shoes in the home.
Me: What do you want to do when you’re older?
Takayuki: Scientist. Don’t like chemistry, but like physics.
Me: What is your favourite food?
Takayuki: Sushi.
Me: Is English an easy language to learn?
Takayuki: No (smiles).
Me: Favourite English word?
Takayuki: Pharmacist, my mother and father are pharmacists.
Me: Is the Shinkansen scary or fun?
Takayuki: Fun, very silent. Hard to see things that are close, but can see things further away, like Mt Fuji. My father uses it to go to work.

All together Takayuki's interview was very fascinating and the most different out of all of the people. So until next post Sayonara (goodbye in Japanese)!


Takayuki and I

No comments:

Post a Comment