Sunday 31 July 2011

Reflection

Here is my reflection. A reflection is one of the main parts of the PIP. It is basically about what I enjoyed, mistakes I made and makes you reflect on your PIP journey.

At the start of my PIP I came up with lots of different ideas. These were building a bike, getting a sky diving licence, fixing Asquith Boys High School’s Wikipedia page, doing something with music and doing something with the extreme sport, wing suit flying. Most of these ideas were not very good though and were a bit difficult. After 30 minutes silence and brainstorming my Dad and I came up with the idea of doing a blog called “8 Interesting People in 8 Weeks”.

The first thing I did was to get a list of people who I would like to interview. These were: 
  • Todd McKenney (TV show judge)
  • Daly Cherry-Evans (Favourite footballer)
  • Kayne Tremills (Television presenter)
  • Wendy Northcutt (Author)
  • John Morrison (Favourite drummer)
  • My Grandad (Self-explanatory)
  • Caesar (I like history)
  • Ian Fisher (Singing teacher)

    One of the mistakes I made was when I tried to reach Todd McKenney. I forgot that he would be in Melbourne and would probably be too busy. I also thought I could interview anyone after a while and started aiming too high. I tried people like Anh Do and Rowan Atkinson! It took a while to find someone who was just a bit famous and who I found interesting.

    Some of the things I have learnt are that there are a lot of really nice people out there in the big world, everyone is different, I have a lot in common with Kayne Tremills and that people who persist and are hardworking get what they aim for. I also learnt how to write a blog, that blogging is a fun and interesting skill, and all about the “Habits of Mind”.

    The bit that I enjoyed the most about my PIP was interviewing people and the rewards that I got out of it. The part I enjoyed the least was definitely writing the questions. It was easy for a lot of them but Takayuki’s and Matt Kean’s questions proved to be a struggle.

    I am very proud of my end project and very happy with the interviews, the people I interviewed and my blog.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment