Tuesday 5 July 2011

Ian's Interview

Here is Ian Fisher's interview. It was really fun! I am so happy that I could do it. He is really interesting. Anh also does not have the time for an interview and I was going to do Rowan Atkinson but he doesn't have an email addrress...

Me: Where did you grow up?

Ian Fisher: I don’t know if I ever grew up…. I grew up in Frenchs Forrest. It is about a 15 minute drive.

Me: What was your favourite thing to do as a kid?

IF: Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm….. I don’t know. I can’t remember that long ago. At school I just hung around the music room really. Sorry but I don’t remember much about that time of life.

Me: Ok… What occupation did you want to have as a little boy?

IF: Ever since primary school I always dreamed of doing stage singing and that sort of stuff.

Me: What types of jobs have you had?

IF: Started in retail, worked in Clark Rubber, became the manager of David Jones, then I went to do professional acting, had my own handyman business that sort of thing. At the age of 29 I went to study for 5 years before starting to teach singing.

Me: When did you start teaching singing?

IF: I started teaching when I was 32.

Me: What types of performances have you been involved in?

IF: Australian Opera for about 4 or 5 years, club gigs, mainly the ballads for the retirement type people. I also did a rock band for a while. I really enjoy opera though.

Me: Do you have a favourite performance?

IF: The performance that I have at the time is probably my favourite performance.

Me: What type of singer are you alto, tenor?

IF: I’m a bass baritone. I’m a bass baritone because bass is slightly lower than me and baritone is slightly higher than me so I’m sandwiched in the middle of them.

Me: Have you ever met a famous person?

IF: …. I’ve sung with several. Mariah Carey, I sang with Split Ends. I’ve met quite a few opera singers that are reasonably well known.

Me: Do you have any hobbies?

IF: 4 Wheel Driving. In fact my 4 wheel drive died the other day.

Me: Do you watch any sports?

IF: Not really. I don’t seem to have time too really. I watch the State of Origin but that is more to hang out with friends.

Me: Do you have a favourite car?

IF: Well I did but it died the other day. I am now looking to get a jeep instead of a land cruiser.

Me: What about a dream car?

IF: Either a really heavy-duty jeep or a hummer.

Me: Do you play any instruments?

IF: I play quite a few instruments quite badly. I play keyboard, played guitar until my 18th birthday where I got ran over by a car and couldn’t hold a guitar anymore. All through school I played brass instruments. Euphonium, trombone and tuba. I tried the violin.

Me: Did you ever think about becoming a musician?

IF: Yeah well I did but I ended up becoming a singer which was close.

Me: Who were your role models?

IF: A man called Donald Shanks who was involved heavily in opera.

Me: What is your number one motto?

IF: Something along the lines of “Singing is a gift, I enjoy giving people pleasure through the voice of mine and letting people find their gift of singing”. I haven’t really thought about it.

I think this is a studio shot of Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment