Friday 8 July 2011

DALY CHERRY-EVANS INTERVIEW!

That was sooo much fun!!! It was totally awesome getting to meet my footy star and watch him have his photo taken and then play with one of the U21s sons while his photo was being taken. Hope you enjoy reading his interview because I know I did!

Me: Why did you want to become a football player?

Daly Cherry-Evans: First of all, probably because I enjoyed it. It is something I’ve done since I was 5 years old. The enjoyment is definitely the main thing.
Me: What most interested you about becoming a football player?
DCE: Ummm… What most interests me…. The perks I guess like maybe being on TV as a kid always catches your eyes. The famous side of things kind of interests me I guess.
Me: Who is your favourite player in Manly?
DCE: Brett Stewart I guess because he scores all the tries.
Me: If your friend wanted to become a football player what would you tell them is the key to becoming one?
DCE: The key to becoming a football player is definitely a lot of hard work and dedication. You have to really want to do it and enjoy doing it. If you don’t like it, it will be really boring and you are just holding up more younger, eager players desperate to play.
Me: Do you have any hidden talents?
DCE: Singing and dancing.
Me: What occupation did you want to have as a little boy?
DCE: To be honest, I always wanted to be a footy player. I was very focused, but if I couldn’t be an NRL player I would be a P.E. teacher.
Me: Did you ever think that you might not be able to become a footy player?
DCE: I did wonder whether I would make NRL because there were times there when there were so many people in front of me who were getting to play when I wasn’t.
Me: What would you like to do after you finish playing football?
DCE: That is something I haven’t thought about too much since I just started playing first grade. In the next few years though, I am definitely going to have to start thinking about my life after footy.
Me: Which match have you enjoyed so far this season?
DCE: Definitely when we played the Broncos up in Brisbane when I scored a few tries.
Me: Was it hard to make it into the Manly side?
DCE: It was. It was very hard. We have a lot of good players in the club like Kieran Foran and others and I was lucky enough for Des to give me a spot.
Me: Is it weird to have sport as your job?
DCE: As I said before I have been playing it all my life so it is a bit natural but at times it does get a bit surreal when playing against some of the famous players.
Me: Do you have any hobbies?
DCE: Football is taking up most of my life and I am a bit laid back so I don’t really have any hobbies.
Me: What is your favourite holiday location?
DCE: At the moment it is back home in MacKay, but I do enjoy Nelsons Bay on the Central Coast.
Me: What is your favourite TV show?
DCE: Family Guy.
Me: Favourite movie?
DCE: Anchorman.
Me: What is your dream car?
DCE: A Ferrari.
Me: Red?
DCE: Probably.
Me: Do you skate?
DCE: No I don’t skate but I used to skate when I was a kid with a BMX. I wasn’t very good at it but I enjoyed it at the time.
Me: Do you play any instruments?
DCE: No and that is one of the things that I regret not doing as a kid.
Me: Who are your role models?
DCE: Who is my role model? I have a few role models, they are, my parents because they’ve taught me nearly everything, put food on my plate, taken me to footy and given me shelter. My Dad was a coach of a few of my junior years and he really pushed me a long you know. My other role model would be Andrew Johns since he was the best halfback in the world.
Me: What is your motto?
DCE: My motto would be, work with everything you get, but enjoy it.

LIKE IT???!!! :( :/ :\ :| :) :D












No comments:

Post a Comment